Flexitec 2020 Metal Primer is a two-part epoxy Primer to be used when installation is to take place over an existing metal Surface.
Touch Dry within two hours
Ready for resin after 8 hours
Priming requirements as follows:
- Flexitec 2020 should be used to coat small areas of metal (such as detailing work) or where the metal is a small part of an overall roof area. Flexitec 2020 should not normally be used for coating major areas of metal, and in particular areas where significant movement of joints may take place.
- All rust, loose and flaking materials are to be removed by wire brush or other means and all debris removed. Any areas of significant rusting which cannot be removed should be treated with a suitable proprietary rust converter and allowed to cure prior to final priming.
- To all cleaned and degreased, non-oxidised galvanized steel surfaces, apply by brush Mordant solution and allow to react. A black deposit will indicate surface conversion. After conversion, wash with clean water and allow to dry
- Abrade aluminium surfaces to be coated to get back to bright metal.
- Wet-abrade all lead to be coated to remove oxidation and patination. Dispose of the residues in accordance with current HSE guidelines prior to wiping with acetone
- Abrade all copper surfaces to be coated to get back to bright metal.
- Thoroughly clean all surfaces with acetone prior to application of main system.